As far as a laser spine surgery is concerned you can term it to be a minimal evasive type of surgery. It goes on to treat various conditions of the spine. Here in this procedure, there is no need to open up the spinal cord. You go on to perform the surgery with small incisions in the spine and that you can consider it to be less than half an inch. In the midst of all this, the blood loss does seem to be at a minimal level as well. In fact, this has gone to replace the conventional form of surgeries way behind as well. The surgeons are also able to remove a host of other problems like born spurs. Let us now explore some of the benefits of laser spine surgery
- Not only it goes on to treat a host of spinal conditions, you can consider it as an alternative to the conventional form of surgery
- If the pain has been there for a considerable amount of time and no form of relief has been experienced through various techniques you need to evaluate the benefits of laser spine surgery. It does promise instant relief and it is a fast procedure as well. it has been observed that patients are known to get immediate relief from this surgery in less than a couple of weeks.
- Once again the fact is brought forth that it works out to be a less invasive procedure. In the case of traditional back surgery, you might need the application of general anesthesia. On the other hand, laser back surgery does require general anesthesia. What it does point to is that the risk of complication works out to be on the lesser side. In addition, there is a marked improvement in your general condition as well.
- You need to be aware of the fact that this process is being performed on an outpatient basis. If there are few incisions it does less mean recovery time on the lesser side. You are already struggling with the phase of recovery during surgery. All this goes on to add up to the problem as well. One thing is for sure the best spine surgery hospital in India offers you the best course of treatment on all counts.
But opting for this surgery is not an easy decision as there are a series of procedures that you need to be aware of
- The choice of the correct surgeon works out to be important. You can expect even a neurosurgeon to do the job. But they need to have the required experience along with skill sets to do the job
- You would need to take to people who have had this surgery in the past. When you discuss it with others you can expect on how to cope up with the surgery. How fast you are going to recover also assumes a lot of importance as well
- Do stop smoking before surgery as it increases the chances of complications.